Join Our Mailing List

Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel

6455 Fallsview Boulevard • Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada L2G 3V9 • 905-357-5200 • Toll. Free: 1-888-238-9190 • Contact Us
Local Time: 4:22 AM

Wedding Packages


Frequently Asked Questions

Take the time to have a look at common question other couples have had that may inform you prior to speaking with us.

How to obtain a marriage license in Ontario?
A license to marry may be obtained from the issuer of Marriage License at:

Municipal Clerk's Office
4310 Queen Street,
Niagara Falls, Ontario

between the hours of 8:30am and 4:00pm Monday to Friday.

Both parties must complete and sign an Application Form. However, if both parties are not able to come in to obtain the Marriage License, one person may bring in the completed Application form signed by both parties along with the Birth Certificate and Passport of the absent party.

Applicants present must provide identification such as a Birth Certificate and Driver's License or a Passport.

There are no requirements respecting residency, premarital blood tests or medical certificates.

A marriage license is valid for use anywhere in Ontario. The license expires 3 months after the date of issue.


Who may perform a marriage ceremony?
A marriage ceremony in Ontario may be performed by:

  • A minister or member of the clergy registered under the Marriage Act
  • A judge or justice of the peace

What about Civil Ceremonies?
There are no ceremonies at City Hall.

If you require further clarifications please contact the Niagara Falls Municipal Office at: Lydia Picca

City of Niagara Falls
4310 Queen Street, Box 1023
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Canada L2E 6X5

Who may marry in Ontario?
Any person who is at least 18 years of age may marry. No person under 16 years of age may marry. Any person who is 16 or 17 years of age (other than a widow, widower or divorced person) may marry with the written consent of his/her legal guardian.

If any person whose consent is required is unavailable or refuses to consent, an application may be made to a judge, in Canada, to dispense with consent.

What if I or my partner were previously married?
A person whose previous marriage has been dissolved or annulled will require:

If the marriage was dissolved or annulled in Canada, the original or court-certified copy of the final decree dissolving or annulling the marriage;
If the marriage was dissolved or annulled in a jurisdiction other than Canada, the applicants must obtain authorization from the Minister of Consumer and Commercial Relations before a marriage license may be issued. To obtain this authorization, the applicants or a lawyer representing them, must submit the following to:

The Office of the Registrar General
P.O. BOX 4600, 189 Red River Road
Thunder Bay, Ontario P7B 6L8

  • A completed marriage license application signed by both applicants
  • A copy of the decree of divorce or annulment (certified by the proper court officer in the jurisdiction the divorce/annulment was granted) or sealed by the court (If the decree is in a language other than English or French, include a certified translation)
  • A statement of Sole Responsibility for each divorce signed by both applicants (Blank affidavits are available from the issuer of Marriage License)
  • A legal opinion of an Ontario lawyer, addressed to both applicants, giving reasons why the divorce or annulment should be recognized in the Province of Ontario
  • Where a spouse has died, proof of death of the spouse must be provided if death occurred outside Ontario

Are there Honeymoon Packages available?
Yes! Please see our Honeymoon Packages webpage for details.

Our Wedding Specialists will assist in making your arrangements - paying attention to every little detail!

Email us at to book your package and to ask for details about our romantic Whirlpool Suites, Presidential Suites as well as our Honeymoon Packages.